UK > Graduate School> Student Funding > Student Travel Funding > Student Travel Funding Guidelines
Student Travel Funding Guidelines
The student travel funding form is available at the bottom of this page.
The application for Student Travel funding stipulates acceptance by the student of the following:
- Late applications are NOT considered for funding.
- I understand that incomplete applications will not be considered for funding.
- I understand that awards are taxable income and I am responsible for any tax reporting requirements.
- Keep adequate records to support any expenses that may be excludable when filing personal income tax forms.
- I am officially enrolled in coursework. I understand I must be officially enrolled in coursework to receive an award and if not enrolled, my award application will not be processed.
- Students in the May, June, or July pools must be enrolled in either the second summer session or the subsequent fall semester. Summer award payments may be delayed due to end of fiscal year processes in June and Financial Aid schedules for fall.
- I am not in post-baccalaureate or post-doctoral status. Graduates are not eligible for this funding. Students who have post-bac or post-doctoral status or who have graduated are not eligible for funding.
- I understand that student travelt funding will be applied directly to my student account, and a balance due may delay receipt of my student travel funding payment until the balance is paid*.
- I understand that the Graduate School Funding Office provides up to $400 for students presenting research/abstract at a domestic location; and up to $800 for students presenting research/abstract at an international location.
- Payment of funds is a reimbursement and cannot be guaranteed to occur before my travel date.
- Depending on available funding, awards may be for an amount less than the maximum allowed.
- Awards can only be made payable to me; departments who charge or allow students to charge to ProCards cannot be reimbursed by the Graduate School.
- Students are awarded student travel funding ONE time per fiscal year. Student travel funding includes conference support and research support.
- I understand that the Graduate School does not fund payments for human subjects to participate in research projects.
- I understand that I am responsible for insuring appropriate IRB/IACUC approval for my research.
- I understand that student travel funding decisions are final, based upon funding availability and cannot be guaranteed.
- I have read and I agree to the terms of Student Travel Funding.
- I agree to keep a copy of Student Travel Funding Application and documents submitted for my files.
Please be advised: If a student is unable to attend the conference for which student travel funding was granted, the student agrees to return the award check to the Student Account Services and notify the Student Travel Funding Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students applying for international travel funds should refer to the policies related to graduate student international travel. Funds may not be released until international travelers have registered their trips with the UK International Center.
*We are required to post support awards in the UK Student Financial Aid system, instead of issuing checks via UK Accounts Payable. This change will affect the timeliness of receipt of awards. Tax forms are no longer needed.
For more information, contact the Student Support Officer at email@example.com, or call 257-9684.