Kentucky Technology Inc.
Generating income to reinvest in university spinoffs
Kentucky Technology Inc. (KTI) was founded in 1988 as a for-profit corporation owned by the University of Kentucky Research Foundation. The KTI Board of Directors is charged with generating revenue from licenses and equity investments, leases from the Coldstream Center at the UK research campus, and leases from the ASTeCC campus incubator. KTI also invests in the commercial development of university-based technologies and technology-based businesses. KTI is an investor in both Bluegrass Angel venture funds.
KTI Board of Directors
- Henry Jackson, Chair
- George Ward, President, UK Coldstream Research Campus Executive Director
- Jack Supplee, Secretary, UKRF Associate Director
- Kevin Atkins, Chief Development Officer, Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government
- Nancy Cox, UK College of Agriculture
- John Farris, Farris Capital and Commonwealth Economics
- Jim LeMaster, Stoll Keenon Ogden
- Angie Martin, UK VP Office of the Treasurer
- Gene Strong, McCarty-Strong Global LLC
- Mark Stuhlreyer, Blue Diamond Industries LLC
- James W. Tracy, UK VP for Research
- Bruce Walcott, UK College of Engineering