University of Kentucky Research

Material Transfers and Confidential Disclosures

If you are collaborating with industry and others outside UK, contact the OTC to determine if a confidential disclosure agreement (CDA) and/or a material transfer agreement (MTA) is needed. Please remember that you are required to contact the OTC before any tangible research material (chemical or biological) leaves the university. In addition, the OTC reviews MTAs for incoming materials. Both MTAs and CDAs provide additional protection for you, as well as UK. To execute an MTA or CDA with an external party, please contact the OTC Contract Management Team.