Research Support to Implement the Strategic Plan
The Research and Scholarship objective of the University of Kentucky’s 2015-2020 Strategic Plan is to: Expand our scholarship, creative endeavors, and research across the full range of disciplines to focus on the most important challenges of the Commonwealth, our nation, and the world. To accomplish several Strategic Initiatives and implement specific Action Steps, we have revised our research support program offerings as detailed below:
- Grant Writing Workshop: Friday, February 24, 383 Gatton College, 1-5 p.m.
- Recent changes in the UK Research infrastructure: Wednesday March 1, WT Young Auditorium, 2-4 p.m.
- Industry/private partnerships: Wednesday, March 22, 311 Gatton, 1-4 p.m.
- Core Facilities support by UK Research: Thursday, April 13, 202A BBSRB, 1:30-3 p.m.
- Mentoring: Thursday, April 27, 383 Gatton College, 3-4 p.m.
Strategic Investment Fund (SIF) for Faculty Recruitment
Creation of new multi-disciplinary Centers and Institutes
Faculty Support Grants Programs
University Research Professors New Program – college-level competition
Support for a broad range of Research and Creative Activities New Program – college-level competition
Multidisciplinary Value Program (MVP) New Program - LOI due September 15, 2016
Research Support Grants Revised - due March 1, 2017
Conference and Workshop Grants due December 2, 2016
Complex Research Grants Ongoing
Equipment Maintenance Program Ongoing
John P. Wyatt, M.D. Traveling Fellowship due November 7, 2017
Postdoctoral Fellowship Programs
Program details subject to change pending the Fair Labor Standards Act implementation.
- University Research Postdoctoral Fellowship due November 1, 2017
- Lyman T. Johnson Postdoctoral Fellowship due November 1, 2017
Facilities and Administration (F&A) Income Allocation
Who to contact for submission approval and support programs within Colleges and Institutes:
Who to contact about Clinical Research Support: