For more info
Research Activity Awards
The Research Activity Awards are provided to each college dean to stimulate new research and support existing research and scholarly activities within the college.
Research Activity awards must be used for support of research programs in a college during the year of the award (i.e., by June 30, 2012). Fund balances and encumbrances from the previous year will not be returned. Any negative balances will be deducted from future awards.
- Faculty research support (start-up, retention, bridge funding, etc.)
- Graduate student support
- Research equipment (purchase, upgrades, maintenance, repair, etc.)
- Research seminars/symposia/workshops
- Domestic and foreign research travel
- Research staff support
- Research supplies (includes research related office supplies)
- Faculty salary and salary supplements (overloads)
- Purely instructional activities
- Teaching Assistant (TA) salaries