Research Equipment Managed Maintenance Program
The University has partnered with Unity Lab Services, a division of Thermo Fisher Scientific, to reduce and manage maintenance costs associated with scientific and clinical equipment. Thermo guarantees your costs and provides a comprehensive package of management services along with detailed reports to help Research manage and control equipment repairs. Key benefits of Managed Maintenance include:
- Equipment inventory development and upkeep.
- Equipment management reporting.
- Reduction and stabilization of costs on a long-term basis.
- Consistent management of equipment under one Program.
- Purchase orders and payment for repairs administered by Unity Lab Services.
- With one call to the Call Center, Unity Lab Services will arrange and track repairs
- Unity Lab Services will proactively manage covered Periodic Maintenance
To request a repair to covered equipment, call (859) 537-3067
As equipment is included in Managed Maintenance, Unity Lab Services will contact each service vendor to explain the relationship between Unity Lab Services and University of Kentucky Research and how we will work together to meet your maintenance needs.
Unity Lab Services Personnel assigned to UK
Kelley Fountain, Unity Lab Services Associate Site Manager (859-537-3067 or firstname.lastname@example.org) will assist in all aspects of Program operation, including administration of Program equipment inventory, facilitation of repair documentation and invoice payments, liaison between all involved parties, and serving as a resource for questions or issues that may occur.
Unity Lab Services provided personnel will perform the work on the following equipment:
- GC & Headspace
- UV-VIS & FT-IR
- Mass spectrometry (LC & GC)
- Liquid scintillation counters
- Gamma counters
- Water baths
- Lab Water Systems
The Unity Lab Services personnel can also provide service to old equipment that is useful, but no longer under a service contract. If you have equipment that falls into this category – contact Kelley Fountain (859-537-3067 email@example.com to have a service rep stop by and evaluate the equipment.
Click here to request equipment be added to the program
This program has an annual reapplication process for all covered equipment.
UK contact for questions: Judy Duncan (257-8286) or firstname.lastname@example.org.