Appalachian Research Day
Community-based research begins at the local level, built upon the foundation of relationships with individuals, neighborhoods and groups who have common questions and concerns. Appalachian Research Day is an opportunity to join in the discussion and learn about findings from research studies that have occurred in local communities.
SCHEDULED RESEARCH PRESENTATIONS
- On The Move Art Studio - Bringing Art to Kids Everywhere
Joshua Nadzam, MSW, On The Move Art Studio
- Lessons Learned and Preliminary findings from the Clay County Clock Project!
Jody Clasey, PhD, University of Kentucky
- Engaging Youth Serving Communities: Developing a Sustainably Healthy Community
Mark Mains, PhD, Valerie Stewart and April Tipton, University of Kentucky
- Healthalachia: Youth Innovation and Problem-Solving Targeting a Looming Opioid Crisis
Students from Paintsville Independent School, Pikeville Independent School and Magoffin County School
- Healthy Youth Coalition Panel
Representatives from Perry County Wellness Coalition and Breathitt County Health Council
Poster sessions will be held during breakfast and morning break. Poster awards will be presented during lunch.