Healthy Hearts for Women Symposium
Speakers and presentations include:
- Introduction by University of Kentucky President Dr. Eli Capilouto
- Sandra T. Davidge, Ph.D., University of Alberta, “Impact of pregnancy complications on maternal and offspring cardiovascular health”
- Heather M. Bush, Ph.D., University of Kentucky, “WHY what happens to you matters for your heart: Quantifying the effect of violence using Wellness, Health & You”
- Dr. Martha Gulati, University of Arizona, “Women & Cardiovascular Disease: Is there really a sex difference?”
- Ming C. Gong, Ph.D., University of Kentucky, “Sex differences in aortic aneurysm”
The symposium is sponsored by the Department of Pharmacology and Nutrition Sciences in the UK College of Medicine, the Gill Heart & Vascular Institute and the Saha Cardiovascular Research Center.