Established in 2013, the University of Kentucky's NIH-funded RC-SIRM: Resource Center for Stable Isotope-Resolved Metabolomics presents its 12-day "gloves on and gloves off" Workshop , Monday, July 23 through Friday, August 3, 2018 and its one day Metabolomics Symposium on Monday, July 30, 2018. RC-SIRM is one of six NIH Regional Comprehensive Metabolomics Resource Cores supported by the NIH Common Fund. Attendees of the Workshop will gain working knowledge in the application of SIRM to fundamental biochemistry research in the life sciences and bench-to-bedside translational research.
- ALL EVENTS will occur in the Lee Todd Jr. Building at 789 S. Limestone St. (formerly the BioPharmacy Building) on the campus of the University of Kentucky.
- Workshop attendees are asked to arrive and check in to their on-campus lodging on SUNDAY, JULY 22, 2018.
Workshop - Stable Isotope-Resolved Metabolomics: Experimental Design, Methods, and Data Analysis
The 12-day workshop is appropriate for graduate students, technicians, post-docs, and faculty who wish to integrate stable isotope-enabled studies of metabolism into their experimental design.
- Attendees of the Workshop will gain working knowledge in the application of SIRM to fundamental biochemistry research in the life sciences and bench-to-bedside translational research.
- The hands-on Workshop is limited to 20 participants with relevant background:
- Applications for the Workshop participation will be accepted until July 16, 2018.
- Workshop registration is $3,750 and includes the Symposium and on-campus lodging.
- Some scholarships are available to offset travel costs for students and post-doctoral fellows whose poster abstracts demonstrate excellence in the science of SIRM.
- Stable isotope tracer-based biological experiments
- Cell and tissue processing, polar and non-polar metabolite extraction, and preparation for MS and NMR analysis
- Data acquisition with the Centers Mass and NMR Spectrometers
- Large-scale analysis of MS and NMR data for metabolites and their stable isotope labeling patterns
The Agenda for the 2018 Workshop will be finalized in the near future. Check the Center's page for more information.
Application deadline for the Workshop is July 16, 2018.
- The 12-day Workshop registration fee is $3,750.
- This fee includes 12-day workshop, on-campus lodging, and breakfast and lunch each day.
- Attendees are responsible for their own travel arrangements and costs.
- Attendees will be accommodated for the extent of the Workshop on campus.
- Link for location, and building and room specifics: Haggin Hall
- Some scholarships are available to offset travel costs and registration cost, for students, post-doctoral scholars and fellows whose poster abstracts demonstrate excellence in the science of SIRM.
- Registration for the 2018 RCSIRM Workshop and Symposium is NOW OPEN: registration link