Research and development at UK has a direct, and significant, economic impact on Kentucky. The $410.6 million UK spent on R&D in FY 2019 generated $758.3 million in economic activity across the state. In Fayette County, 1,939 jobs were created and across the state in the scientific sector 4,574 jobs were created.
University of Kentucky R&D Expenditures for FY19
- Research expenditures totaled $410.6 million
- Created 1,939 new jobs in Fayette County
- Supported 4,574 jobs in Kentucky
- Created $247.7 million in labor income
- Total economic impact of UK research for Kentucky was $758.3 million