You are invited to submit an abstract and participate in the virtual poster session held in conjunction with the annual Markesbery Scientific Symposium on Monday, November 9, 2020.
The poster session will be held from 11:00 am – 12:50 pm with awards announced at 12:55 pm.
The poster competition is for outstanding work by graduate students and postdocs. Judged poster awards will be limited to trainees.
The student/postdoc MUST be the first author and submit the abstract under his/her name.
Abstract Preparation Instructions
- Titles should include authors and affiliations. Submission of an abstract constitutes a commitment to and awareness by the author(s) for studies described within the abstract.
- Prepare abstracts with section headings as Objectives, Methods/Results, and Conclusions.
- Do not include any references.
- Include actual data in the form of numerical values.
- Do not use any tables or graphs.
- Include grant support and identifying number (if any) at the end of abstract.
- Create (schedule a meeting) Zoom link on Nov 9 from 11:00am -1:00pm for the poster session and include on the last line of your abstract after citing funding source.
- The body of the abstract including funding source and Zoom link must not exceed 3000 characters (including spaces).
- To submit your abstract or indicate intent to submit, you must use this site:
- https://uk-conference-manager.firebaseapp.com/conferences (Internet Explorer browser will not open link).
- Abstracts are due no later than the end of the day Monday, October 26.
Poster Preparation Instructions
- Poster should focus on hypothesis, methods, and results/conclusions. Please include reference to grant support (agency/identification number) for funded research.
- Your Zoom link will be used to view and judge your poster.
- Questions? Email Paula at email@example.com.