- Bradley Berron (College of Engineering) Hand Sanitizer Production: Bottleneck Analysis and Remediation
- Louis Hersh and David Rodgers (College of Medicine) Production of Single Chain Antibodies (Nanobodies) to SARS-CoV-2 Spike Glycoprotein and its Receptor Binding Domain
- Steven Van Lanen (College of Pharmacy) RNA-Dependent RNA Polymerase as an Antiviral Target
- Daniel Pack (College of Engineering) Proton-Sponge Polymers for Inhibition of SARS-CoV-2 Infection
- Jerold Woodward and Siva Gandhapudi (College of Medicine) Identification and Characterization of Virus Specific T Cells in Humans Exposed to SARS-COV-2
Advances in Detection
Woodward et al.
- Robust, sensitive, and specific assay for SARS CoV2 antibodies in place
- Established T cell assays to measure SARS CoV2 specific T cell responses from COVID convalescent patients
Scott Berry, et al.
- Dramatically simplified ELISA strategy for improved ease of antibody testing
- Working with Keck et al. on viral screening in municipal wastewater down to 10 copies / sample
Van Lanen, et al.
- Built several protein constructs towards novel viral detection based on RNA polymerase activity
Pack et al.
- Plasmids ready for production of lentiviruses pseudotypedwith SARS-CoV-2 spike protein
- Screening of engineered proton sponges for inhibition of infection in coming weeks
Ohara et al.
- IACUC cleared for remote tracking of breathing and other data in animal models of COVID infection
Stowe et al.
- Detailed analysis of the pandemic impact on KY Equine markets and associated businesses
- Four targeted surveys prepared for release pending IRB exemption
Zheng et al.
- Analysis of market data to track trends in food and beverage consumption during COVID
- Submitted paper on changes in food and beverage brand name association during COVID