February 11, 2016
- DOE – Computational Materials Sciences (DE-FOA-0001528) - February 23
- DOJ – OJJDP FY 2016 Youth with Sexual Behavior Problems Program (OJJDP-2016-9004) - February 23
- Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health – National Health Education Lupus Program (MH-CPI-16-001) - February 23
- National Endowment for the Arts –2017 National Heritage Fellowship Awards Program - February 23
- DOJ – Justice Reinvestment Initiative: Maximizing State Reforms FY 2016 Competitive Grant Announcement (BJA-2016-8975) - March 1
- Institute of Museum and Library Services – STEM Expert Facilitation of Family Learning in Libraries and Museums (STEMeX) – A National Leadership Grants Special Initiative (NLGSPECIALINITIATIVE-STEMEX-FY16) - March 1
- American Diabetes Association - Pathway to Stop Diabetes Research Initiative - March 22
- NIEHS Environmental Health Sciences Core Centers (P30) – NO INTERNAL COMPETITION 2016
To view these and other limited submission competitions, visit the Proposal Development Office site.
Feb. 11: Online ResearchMatch GoTo Researcher Training
Presented monthly by CCTS
Thursday, February 11, 2016
3:00pm - 4:00pm
Follow this link to register.
February 3, 2016
- USDA – Children, Youth, and Families At-Risk Sustainable Community Projects (CYFAR SCP - USDA-NIFA-SLBCD-005657) - February 16
To view this and other limited submission competitions, visit the Proposal Development Office site.
New Guidance on NIH and AHRQ Requirements for Rigor and Transparency in Research
The National Institutes of Health (NIH) and the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) continue to issue guidance on the new requirements to address rigor and transparency in research grant applications. Clarifications continue to be issued through the NIH Extramural Nexus blogposts: http://nexus.od.nih.gov/all/. An FAQ page is available at: http://grants.nih.gov/reproducibility/faqs.htm.
The updates (NIH & AHRQ Announce Upcoming Changes to Policies, Instructions and Forms for 2016 Grant Applications), which are effective for applications submitted on or after January 25, 2016, focus on four areas:
1) the scientific premise forming the basis of the proposed research,
2) rigorous experimental design for robust and unbiased results,
3) consideration of relevant biological variables, and
4) authentication of key biological and/or chemical resources.
The Proposal Development Office has also posted workshop slides providing training on the new requirements: http://www.research.uky.edu/pdo/.
Feb. 9: CCTS Clinical Research Update
"Services and Informatics for Participant Recruitment"
Presented by Roxane Poskin and Jeffery Talbert, PhD
Charles T. Wethington Building - Basement Auditorium 014
Lunch at 12:00 pm
Presentation 12:30 - 1:30 pm
RSVP to CCTS by Friday, February 5, 2016.
VPR Sponsored Grant Writing Workshops 2016
Wednesday, February 17, 2016
Room 127 CT Wethington Building
“Funding Opportunities and Types of Grant Applications”
(3:30 – 4:30 pm)
Tuesday, March 8, 2016
Room 102 Mining and Mineral Resource Building
“Developing a Research Proposal” (four sessions)
- NIH Proposals (1-1:50 pm)
- Private Foundations (2 -2:50 pm)
- NSF Proposals (3-3:50 pm)
- DOD/DOE Proposals (4-4:50)
Wednesday, March 30, 2016
Room 127 CT Wethington Building
Peer Review and Responding to Reviewers (3:30-4:30 pm)
More details on the workshop flyer here.
Feb. 25: Informatics Seminar
"How do we fix EHRs?"
Presented by Dr. James Cimino, Inaugural Director of the Informatics Institute at the University of Alabama Birmingham
Thursday, February 25, 2016
BioPharm Building, Room 170
11:30 am - 12:30 pm
RSVP required - RSVP to Connie Vaughn (859.323.3162) by February 18.
Feb. 29: Pizza & Pilots
Monday, February 29, 2016
12:00 - 12:30 pm - "REDCap in Data Capture" presented by Heather Bush, PhD and Candace Brancato
12:45 - 1:00 pm - Open consultation time with BERD members
RSVP to Barb Ramsey by Thursday, February 18.
CCTS Call for Abstracts: 11th Annual CCTS Spring Conference
Submit abstract submissions here. Deadline for submission is March 25, 2016.
Applicants will be notified of their presentation format by Monday, April 4, 2016.
More details can be found at the CCTS website.