Cayuse 424 Proposal Preparation & Submission System
UK researchers will now have access to a new system that will make it easier to create fully developed, compliant and accurate proposals for submission to federal and non-federal sponsors. The Cayuse 424 Proposal Preparation and Submission system is designed to provide faculty and staff with a mechanism to streamline the proposal process by storing and auto-populating institutional information, budgetary calculations, and uploadable profiles for Principal Investigators. There is real-time validation that is provided in easy to understand language and prompts for correction to ensure compliance the first time. The entire system is designed to make the application process less of a burden for researchers - a crucial part of ensuring quality and quantity of proposals generated.
OSPA will be providing training and front-line support for the system. There will be a training period with a variety of offerings available. Check below for training opportunities. No registration is required.
- Cayuse 424 FAQs
- Access the Cayuse 424 User Manual (pdf, 145 pgs)
- Access the Cayuse 424 System - Use your LinkBlue ID and password
Electronic Internal Approval Form (eIAF)
The University of Kentucky requires a completed Internal Approval Form (IAF) prior to submission of a proposal for external funding. The IAF is web-based and allows routing via workflow and electronic signatures.
The IAF must be received by OSPA at least three business days prior to the sponsor’s published deadline. If the IAF does not meet this internal deadline, the proposal will not be submitted to any external funding agency.
- Example of three business days: If the sponsor has a deadline for electronic proposal submission of 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, May 10 the completed e-IAF is due in OSPA before 8:00 a.m. on Tuesday, May 8.
- April 2 is a Monday. If the sponsor has a deadline for electronic proposal submission of 5:00 p.m. on April 2, a completed e-IAF must be received by OSPA before 8:00 a.m. on Thursday, March 29.
- A fully executed e-IAF means that the PI, all co-Investigators, applicable chairs, directors and deans or associate deans have certified electronically through workflow in MyUK. Once the final certification has been made, the PI and OSPA will be notified by email.
- Instructions for completing the eIAF through MyUK (pdf, 8pgs). Contact OSPA for additional help.
- Instructions for selecting an eIAF delegate (pdf, 3 pgs).
All investigators must have completed the on-line financial disclosure form before a proposal is submitted. In addition, a new account will not be established until all investigators have completed the disclosure and taken the Conflict of Interest Education Course.
If you have questions about the deadline or would like a training class held for your department/college, please contact Kim Carter, Executive Director, OSPA at 7-9420 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions about completing the form, please contact your College Grants Officer.