Inclusive Postdoctoral Enrichment Program
The Office of the Vice President for Research’s two postdoctoral fellowship awards includes participation in the Inclusive Postdoctoral Enrichment Program (IPEP), which is designed to enhance the research guidance and support provided by their faculty mentor (s). IPEP includes the following components:
- Career and professional networking through the Office of Institutional Diversity, Office for Postdoctoral Affairs, and Office of Faculty Advancement that include interactions with the VP for Diversity and Inclusion and Associate VP for Student Engagement; invitations to social events, including receptions and sporting events; engagement with various Affinity Groups; connections to other university and college events, including information about community-based multicultural resources.
- Regular enrichment opportunities that focus on understanding the available research infrastructure and grant-writing basics. OVPR lunch and learn sessions and other units provide presentations on tools for seeking extramural support, protecting intellectual property, research compliance (IRB/IACUC), grants management, responsible conduct of research, as well as sponsor-specific grant information, student mentoring and communicating your research.
- Breakout sessions from these meetings will be tailored to the specific interests of participants in this program. In addition, individualized help will be available from the Proposal Development Office to develop competitive research applications to targeted funding opportunities.
- Access to a personal navigator to discuss individual career development plans and identify relevant training opportunities.
- Networking with national research leaders from under-represented groups who are invited speakers
General programs available to all postdoctoral fellows on campus include, but are not limited to:
- Inclusive Excellence Programming:
- Post-doctoral Scholar-specific Programming:
- Additional Leadership and Training Programming: