For information related to research at the University of Kentucky and COVID-19, please visit the Resources for Researchers tab on the Vice President for Research’s website at https://www.research.uky.edu/resources.
The Office of Sponsored Projects Administration (OSPA) will continue to perform all of our current services for proposal submissions, award review and negotiations, account setups and modifications and post-award approval. Even if personnel are working remotely, they will continue to be available by email and phone, and our main line (859-257-9420) will remain open during OSPA's normal office hours.
All updates related to sponsored projects and COVID-19 will be available on this page. Please visit www.uky.edu/coronavirus for the latest University-wide coronavirus (COVID-19) updates and www.research.uky.edu/news/covid-19 for the latest information from the Office of the Vice President for Research.
Please contact your Research Administrator or College Grant Officer if you have specific questions regarding a proposal you are submitting or your current award.
OSPA is monitoring the release of information related to COVID-19 from funding sponsors, including federal agencies. The information below will continue to be updated.
Agency Specific Information
National Institutes of Health (Updated 3/26/2020)
- UPDATE: NIH Late Application Policy Due to Public Health Emergency for United States for 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) - NOT-OD-20-091 dated March 26, 2020.
- Guidance for NIH-funded Clinical Trials and Human Subjects Studies Affected by COVID-19 - NOT-OD-20-087 dated March 16, 2020
- Flexibilities Available to Applicants and Recipients of Federal Financial Assistance Affected by COVID-19 - NOT-OD-20-086 dated March 12, 2020.
- General Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) - Proposal Submission and Award Management Related to COVID-19 - NOT-OD-20-083 dated March 10, 2020.
- NIH Late Application Policy Due to Public Health Emergency for United States for 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) - NOT-OD-20-082 dated March 9, 2020.
- Based on NIH Guidance on Travel and Meetings dated March 9, 2020, in-person NIH peer review meetings are being held in alternate formats. Scientific review officers will be in contact with peer reviewers about these changes.
- COVID-19 Flexibilities for Applicants and Recipient FAQs
For complete NIH information related to COVID-19, please see NIH Website: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): Information for NIH Applicants and Recipients and General Information on NIH Extramural Response to Natural Disasters and Other Emergencies.
National Science Foundation (Updated 3/27/2020)
- Impact on Existing Deadline Dates dated March 27, 2020.
- Important Notice No 146 dated March 23, 2020.
- Guidance on NSF's Implementation of OMB Memorandum M-20-17 dated March 23, 2020.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) for National Science Foundation (NSF) Proposers and Awardees dated March 16, 2020.
- NSF issued a Statement on Coronavirus Disease 2019 dated March 9, 2020.
- NSF 20-052, Dear Colleague Letter on the Coronavirus Disease 2019 dated on March 4, 2020.
For complete NSF information related to COVID-19, please see Information from NSF on Coronavirus.
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (Updated 3/24/2020)
- COVID-19 Information for SAMHSA Discretionary Grant Recipients dated March 24, 2020.
For complete SAMHSA information regarding COVID-19, please see Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Health Resources & Services Administration (Updated March 2020)
For complete HRSA information regarding COVID-19, please see COVID-19 Grantee Frequently Asked Questions dated March 2020.
National Endowment for the Humanities (Updated 3/13/2020)
For complete NEH information regarding COVID-19, please see Information on NEH and COVID-19.
Department of Justice (Updated 3/27/2020)
National Institute of Justice
Office of Community Oriented Policing Services
- COVID-19 Notice to Grantees dated March 21, 2020.
Office of Justice Programs
- FY 2020 Coronavirus Emergency Supplemental Funding Program; deadline: 5/29/2020 dated March 30, 2020.
- Grantee Update #2: Guidance on Short Term Administrative Relief for Grantees Impacted by COVID-19 dated March 21, 2020.
- OJP Grantee Update #1 COVID-19 Impacts dated March 16, 2020.
Office of Violence Against Women
- COVID-19 Update for Grantees - Additional Flexibilities for the STOP Formula Program dated March 27, 2020.
- COVID-19 Update for Grantees - Guidance to Award Recipients Impacted by COVID-19: Short-term Relief for Various Administrative, Financial Management, and Audit Requirements dated March 26, 2020.
- COVID-19 Update for Grantees - FAQs for OVW Grantees Regarding the Payment and Use of Leave for Grant-Funded Staff dated March 19, 2020.
- COVID-19 Update for Grantees - Message from the OVW Acting Director dated March 19, 2020.
- COVID-19 Update for Grantees - Message from the OVW Acting Director dated March 17, 2020.
For complete DOJ information regarding COVID-19, please see Administrative Relief for DOJ Grant Recipients and Applicants Impacted by the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).