Continuation Review (CR)/Annual Administrative Review (AAR)
University of Kentucky policy dictates that previously approved non-exempt research protocols must be re-reviewed by the respective IRB at least once a year.
- Continuation Review Report (SAMPLE) [F14.0000] [PDF]
- Annual Administrative Review Report (SAMPLE) [PDF]
Please note, the SAMPLE CR or AAR report does not contain protocol specific data and you should not complete and submit this form to meet the requirements for Continuation Review or Annual Administrative Review.
To initiate a Continuation Review (CR)/Administrative Annual Review (AAR) (or Final Review (FR) for closure), under "Create New" in the menu on the left of your E-IRB Dashboard, select "Continuation Review (CR) or Study Closure", then select the study for which a CR/AAR or closure is needed. If you (or someone else on your research team) have already performed this step, but not submitted yet, you will find the incomplete CR/AAR/FR in your Draft folder.
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Continuing Review After Study Approval
Guidelines from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Information Sheets.
- Office for Human Research Protections (OHRP) Compliance & Reporting
This web page provides information regarding types of determinations, determination of noncompliance issued over over several years, etc.
- Office for Human Research Protections (OHRP) Guidance on Continuing Review - November 2010
This document describes the requirements of Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) regulations at 45 CFR 46.109(e) for the continuing review of human subjects research by an Institutional Review Board (IRB).
- UK ORI Time-Saving Tips for Continuation Review of an IRB-Approved Study [PDF]
Tips developed to help researchers with submission of Continuation Review materials.
- UK ORI Requested Revisions from a Full Review - Major versus Minor Determination [PDF]
Guidance on whether a convened IRB request should be designated as minor (vote #2) or major (vote # 3 or 4)
Expedited Continuation Review, both Medical and Nonmedical, call (859) 257-9428 to be forwarded to the appropriate ORI staff.
Full Continuation Review, refer to contacts listed below: