Single IRB Reliance
Submit a Reliance Request
If your research involves collaboration with any sites and/or personnel outside the University of Kentucky, then it is considered multisite research and IRB reliance issues will need to be addressed. This may include national multi-center trials as well local studies involving sites/personnel external to UK. If you would like to request that the University of Kentucky IRB (UK IRB) serve as the lead IRB for your study, or if you would like the UK IRB to defer review to another IRB, please complete the forms below and submit them to IRBReliance@uky.edu.
General inquiries/questions about IRB reliance and the University of Kentucky’s policies and procedures may also be submitted to: IRBReliance@uky.edu.
- Lead PI Checklist [PDF]
- Relying Institution PI Checklist [PDF]
- Principal Investigator Responsibilities When Other Institutions Are Relying on the UK IRB [PDF]
- IRB Application Instructions: Off-Site Research
- OHRP's "Guidance on Engagement of Institutions in Human Subjects Research"
- Johns Hopkins University Human Subjects Research Ethics Field Training Guide