With the passing of the 21st Century Cures Act and aligning with NIH/PHS Policy, the USDA is no longer requiring annual review of IACUC protocols. Principal investigators (PIs) will not submit information for annual review and approval in the Cayuse system.
- Cayuse Animal Oversight, Division of Laboratory Animal Resources, Office of the Attending Veterinarian
- Cayuse Animal Oversight, Office of the Attending Veterinarian
Cayuse is performing a minor version upgrade on Monday, August 21st requiring all users to refrain from accessing the system. Failure to comply could lead to loss of your information and delays in completion of the upgrade.
- Office of the Attending VeterinarianThe transition of the IACUC application from eSirius3G™ to Cayuse Animal Oversight (AO) is complete. The OAV-IACUC and DLAR staff will continue to develop the website and provide easily accessible system training and FAQs. We appreciate your patience as we go live.
- Office of the Attending Veterinarian
As per guidance from the National Institutes of Health Office of Laboratory Animal Welfare (NIH OLAW), the University of Kentucky is expected to conduct previously postponed site inspections as soon as the IACUC can safely do so.
- Office of the Attending VeterinarianAs part of responsible care and use of animals in research, the National Institutes of Health/Office of Laboratory Animal Welfare (NIH/OLAW) has stated an expectation that the number of animals used in support of research be tracked, including those produced in excess of the number or type needed.
- Office of the Attending VeterinarianThe American Veterinary Medical Association has released the most current version of The AVMA Guidelines for the Euthanasia of Animals: 2020 Edition.