Basic Grantsmanship & Finding Funding Opportunities: A Framework for Success
This virtual workshop will consist of two presentations by the Proposal Development Office staff:
Finding and Evaluating Funding Opportunities, presented by Lou Hurst
- Identify common terminology related to grants and funding opportunities.
- List some major funding sources for projects relevant to substance use and recovery.
- Employ strategies for locating appropriate funding opportunities.
- Interpret specific funding opportunities to determine whether they are suitable for your needs.
Basic Grantsmanship: A Framework for Success, presented by Kathy Doyle Grzech and Erik Davidshofer
- Identify strategic planning and proposal development strategies.
- Identify proposal structure and common components of a competitive proposal.
- Demonstrate the importance of audience-centered communication.
- Practice effective writing strategies for concise, clear proposals.