Request for Applications:
University of Kentucky—Washington University Diabetes Research Center Collaborative Pilot & Feasibility Awards
Applications Due by 5 p.m. on Sept. 3, 2019
The Washington University Diabetes Research Center (DRC) anticipates funding new Pilot & Feasibility Awards through an ongoing collaborative program with the University of Kentucky starting 12/1/19. The goal of this program is to develop preliminary data leading to the submission of new applications for independent (NIH, JDRF, or ADA) research grants. Grants of up to $40,000 (direct costs) for one year will be awarded
The following qualify for grant support under the Pilot & Feasibility Program:
- New faculty members involved in diabetes-related research who have not yet obtained independent funding. Applications from these individuals are most likely to be supported by this mechanism.
- Established investigators not involved in diabetes-related research who propose feasibility studies related to diabetes.
- Established investigators involved in diabetes-related research who propose feasibility studies clearly not related to previously supported research.
- Applicants must hold a faculty appointment and be independent investigators in any department at University of Kentucky. Postdoctoral Fellows or their equivalent are not eligible.
- There is no specific citizenship requirement.
- Previous recipients of Pilot & Feasibility support are eligible, but first priority will be given to those who have not been supported by this program.