2nd Annual Substance Use Research Day
Alexander Walley, MD, MSc.
Associate Professor of Medicine,
Boston University School of Medicine
“Clinical and Public Health Approaches to the Opioid Crisis”
Elise M. Weerts, Ph.D.
Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences,
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
“Behavioral, Pharmacological and Neuroimaging Approaches Towards
Understanding Alcohol Use Disorder”
- “Addressing the Opioid Epidemic in Kentucky: HEALing, Hope, and Justice”
- Sharon Walsh, Ph.D., director, UK Center on Drug and Alcohol Research – Kentucky HEALing Communities Study
- April Young, Ph.D., associate professor of epidemiology, UK College of Public Health – CARE2HOPE project
- Carrie Oser, Ph.D., professor of sociology, UK College of Arts & Sciences – Women’s JCOIN project
- “Human Research and Clinical Perspectives on Psychostimulant Use or Clinical and Behavioral Management of Stimulant Use”
- Dr. Laura Fanucchi, associate professor of internal medicine, UK College of Medicine
- Craig Rush, Ph.D., professor of behavioral science, UK College of Medicine
- “New Frontiers in Substance Use Etiology: Evidence from Preclinical Research”
- Pavel Ortinski, Ph.D., assistant professor of neuroscience, UK College of Medicine
- Jill Turner, Ph.D., assistant professor of pharmaceutical sciences, UK College of Pharmacy
- Poster Session
- Data Blitz for Trainees
There will be an evening reception for trainees on March 2nd. Priority is given to T32 trainees and on a first come, first served basis. Trainees can sign up for the reception when they register.