Three Year Refresher HSP Training FAQs
1. Will I receive a reminder email to let me know my HSP training will soon expire?
- ORI does not send HSP training reminders. However, if you complete HSP training on CITI, you will receive an automated email notification from CITI approximately 90 days prior to your expiration date. Note that CITI sends the reminder to the email you used when setting up the CITI account.
2. How do I complete the 3-year refresher human subject training on CITI?
- Log into your CITI account by entering your linkblue ID and current linkblue password on the UK CITI Single Sign On page.
- If the refresher course is not already listed under the "Courses Ready to Begin" on your Courses page, scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Add a Course".
- Select IRB, then click Next.
- Select Human Subject Protection Training, then click Next.
- Select Refresher Human Subject Protection (HSP) training, then click Next.
- Select the applicable group, then click Next.
- You are directed back to your Courses page where it states you are now enrolled.
- Scroll down to "Courses Ready to Begin" and click Start Now to complete the Refresher HSP training.
3. What other human subject training options will the IRB accept as refresher training?
- There are several additional options for renewing your human subjects protection training:
- Attendance at the UK annual human subject protection conference held in Northern Kentucky.
- Attendance at a human subjects protection program/conference, (e.g., Public Responsibility in Medicine and Research Conference), within the last six (6) months, and submit the certificate from that training to ORI. This option does not include an isolated session on human subject protection as part of a conference on another subject matter.
- Staff conducting research at both UK and the Veterans Affairs Medical Center (VAMC) may complete the combined VA Good Clinical Practice and Human Subjects Protection training course on CITI and submit the completion certificate to ORI.
- NOTE: Provide documentation of training to ORI so we can update your training record in our database. If you need a letter from ORI stating the training you attended or completed the 3 year refresher requirement, contact Jennifer Hill at 859-257-2978 or firstname.lastname@example.org.